Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The BEST Birthday Party EVER! Part 1.

My sweet cupe had her 4th birthday recently! She wanted a Busytown birthday party (she loves lowly worm and huckle). I looked everywhere for decorations with that theme but there really is nothing out there! So what is a girl to do? I went to work creating my own decorations for her BEST BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER! The colors we went with were turquoise/aqua,, yellow and orange with a bit of red thrown in.  I figured that even without too many actual Busytown decorations I could pull everything together with color.
Invitations:

Who, What, When, Where, Why, How? Are from Busytown Mysteries (tv show).


Decorations:

I used my cricut expression to cut out the apple shapes to make this. They are cut at 2 inches. I added random Busytown characters that I cut out from books. I used the center cut setting.




I mounted them on foam board using pop dots for dimension.  I just put the foam board into the frame and taped the back. 


Here are the table centerpieces:

I found the picture holders at Michaels and then I used my Cricut to make circles to mount pictures of Cupe from her birth and each birthday she has had.  In the center I had little buckets (from target's dollar section) that I put some orange flowers (from Michaels) in and then added some yellow filling.  The colors gave it just the right festive touch!


The picture holders have a little insert that you can add a picture, so I added a busytown picture!


Here are the wall cut-outs I made.





I used foam board and then free-handed the characters and painted them.  They were cut out using an exacto but I think that if I ever do this again I may not use foam board.  It's too difficult to cut out!

I bought some cheap frames (dollar tree) and framed some Busytown characters and had them in various places around the living room. 


I really hope you enjoy this post!  I had so much fun creating everything for the party.  I apologize for disappearing for so long, I've had a very busy few months!  I'll post part 2 before the end of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun!!!! Thanks for linking to my blog hop!

    craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete