Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Centerpiece!

Fantabulous Cricut has a challenge this week that I couldn't resist.  I like to make fun centerpieces that can function in some other way. It usually ends up being a centerpiece that doubles as a candy holder!  Here is the halloween centerpiece/candy holder that I created.  The base is a treat box that I bought on clearance at Michaels.  I used orange tissue paper to line it.  Then....






I added candy corn!  Candy corn is my big cupe's (hubby) favorite halloween treat.  So I thought I'd make a cute display for it!  All the cuts are from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.  I love everything about this cart! 

Here is the bat:



the pumpkin:




the ghost:




and the tree:





I made two of every cut and then attached each them to each side of a Halloween pencil (bought a package of them at Target in the dollar section).   I wrapped the bottom of the pencils in saran wrap before I added them to the candy because I wasn't sure if it would be safe to have them touching the candy or not!
Here it is all finished:


I think Big Cupe is gonna love it!  Hehe..a bonus..I don't have to worry about Little Cupe getting into the candy because she tried a piece and promptly voice her opinion on candy corn!  She spit it out and said "YUCKY"!  She then spent quite a bit of time telling me that it wasn't candy because it didn't taste good!

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! What a great idea to add some sweets to the middle of the centerpiece too! Great job!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooktacular project!!! Thanks for playing at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute centerpiece !!! great job!

    ReplyDelete