Monday, May 31, 2010

"You don't know the power of the dark side"

One of my very best friends, Tour, is having a birthday very soon and I wanted to make him a special card. He and my Big Cupe (hubby) grew up together and I was lucky enough to befriend him, as well!  Tour is a big kid at heart and enjoys all things sci-fi related, including Star Wars.  I came across this wonderful post at Got Scraps a while back and kept it bookmarked until now!


I found the image of the Death Star on the internet. I think it turned out really well.  I downloaded a Star Wars font and used Adobe Photoshop to distort the words so it would look like the introduction to Star Wars. The Death Star image and words are printed on the same cardstock, I used Adobe Photoshop to create the whole image and then printed it.

Here is a close-up of Darth Vader:



Using the recipe from Got Scraps I made Darth Vader. I used The Paper Company black paper for all of him except his suit.  I used textured cardstock for his suit so it wouldn't be so black. It actually looks dark, like the first picture, I just wanted you to be able to see the detail better so I changed the brightness of the photo.  I used red and gray paper for the light saber and then I used diamond stickles on the red part and glossy accents on the gray part. 

I think he came out well, I know my friend is going to love the card a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment