Friday, June 4, 2010

Twinkle Toes

My niece, who is 4 1/2, is going to be in her very first dance recital coming up in a few weeks and since I live across the country from them I won't get to go to it.  I wanted to send her something to let her know I am thinking of her on her big day.  I just bought the Hello Kitty Fonts cartridge the other day and it has a ballerina Hello Kitty on it so the timing is perfect!


I used the Hello Kitty font cut at 3/4" for "dance". The purple ribbon was a scrap from another project (a ribbon holder) that I did for my little cupe's room.  The pink polka dot ribbon was from the $1 section at Target!


Hello Kitty is cut at 3 1/2".  I used white textured cardstock for the white parts and regular cardstock from The Paper Company for the black and purple cuts.  There isn't too much going on in this card, but I tend to go with simple layouts because I think sometimes you can have too much going on.

2 comments:

  1. I have a 4 year old Grandniece who loves ballet too! I've taken some video of her ... she's really not very graceful, but to me ... she could star in Swan Lake! I love her more than anything in life!
    Lucy Lam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! She turned 5 in February!
    Lucy Lam

    ReplyDelete