Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Independence Day Project

Fantabulous Cricut's Challenge Me Monday Project #16 is to design something Independence Day themed with a star shape.  This was the perfect challenge for me to work on because I needed to make a centerpiece for the 4th so the challenge gave me inspiration!! 


For this project, I used the Simply Sweet cartridge for all the stars.  I used my Gypsy to cut them at 4.66 x 3.71.  The star print paper is from DCWV (I think!) and the red and blue paper is  The Paper Company.  I used pop dots to adhere the little stars to the big stars for dimension!



The 4th of July is cut from the Independence Day seasonal cartridge.  I used my gypsy to cut it at 5.87 x 5.71.  I cut it out twice, using red paper and blue paper. I wanted everything to be more colorful so I cut out "of" and "July" from the blue paper and glued it to the red 4th of July cut out. 

The little bucket is from the dollar section at Target.  The sticks that each star is attached to are actually pencils that I found in the dollar section at Target, as well!  I filled the bucket with floral foam and stuck the pencils in and then I filled the bucket with scraps of paper that I cut up and crimped using my Fiskars crimper.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!! Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. These are just adorable! Thanks for sharing.

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, This is stunning! You did such a great job! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute - thanks for sharing!
    Doris:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are very pretty!!!

    thanks for being part of the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great centerpiece! I love the dimension on the stars and how clever to use those patterned pencils as sticks! Thanks for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this centerpiece. Creative use of those pencils! I really like this project!! Wonderful job! Thank you for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable. Would be great at a July 4th party. Thanks for playing with us over at Fantabulous Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! Ilove how everything looks so crisp! What a great centerpiece!

    Thanks for playing the Fantabulous Cricut Challenage #16!

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! Love those buckets, and what a fun idea to use the pencils. Perfect craft for the 4th:) Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete