Wednesday, June 16, 2010

BBTB2 Fish Project

Bitten By The Bug 2 has a new project, which is to use the jumping fish from the Camping Out cartridge.  I don't have that cartridge so I used a different fish to make a card.  It just so happens that my Big Cupe's (hubby) cousin's daughter is having her second birthday party this coming weekend and her theme is Finding Nemo! Since there isn't a Finding Nemo Cartridge I just thought a cute fish would make a great card for her!


I used Wausau Paper Creative Collection, Classics Cardstock, for the fish. I don't recall the brand of paper for the turquoise and the white cardstock.  The paper colors of the fish are Galaxy Gold for the tail and fins, Orbit Orange for the body, and Goldenrod for the face. The fish is cut at 2 1/2", it is from the Create-a-Critter cartridge (I love this cart so much!!).  

The ribbon is Celebrate It, Dashes, Dots and Checks, it was on sale for $1 at Michael's this week.. The card is 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 (A2).  I used the Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder to emboss the turquoise paper.


I used Pop Dots to adhere the fish to the card, it gives it much more dimension!  I think it turned out perfect for a 2 year old's birthday! Hope you enjoy it too!

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet little fishy card. You used the perfect embossing folder for the background. This is going to be a welcome addition to that birthday party. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Great detail. Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card and perfect background with the embossed bubbles, love it! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. just the cutest, thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH oh oh this is just the sweetest!!... made my heart happy.
    Hugs
    Jeannie

    Thanks for joining us at bbtb2

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so cute and I love the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super sweet!! I love the colors and the embossing in the background. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete