Thursday, May 20, 2010

BBTB2 Contest

I love Peggy Loves Vintage so when I saw that Bitten By the Bug 2 was having a contest I thought I'd give it a try! I have wanted to use one of her images for a project but I haven't so this was the perfect opportunity. I chose the hula girl image because it was cute and I wanted to make a Hawaiian themed Thank-you card for my Aunt!



I wanted the card to have a vintage feel so I actually looked into color palettes from the 1950's and chose these colors because I thought they went well with the hula girl. The pink/coral paper I had for a long time, I'm not sure what brand it is. The yellow paper that I used to make the flowers is actually the reverse side of the pink paper. The turquoise paper is from The Paper Studio. The printed paper is actually a vintage fabric image that I printed on cream cardstock.



Mahalo is printed in turquoise on the printed paper with my laser printer. It looks crooked in the picture, but it really isn't. I need to learn how to use my camera to take pictures of my projects! I used Glossy accents on the water to make is shine, and I used diamond stickles on the hula skirt, and on the hairpiece and her lei.



I used the Walk in My Garden cartridge to cut the flowers. I cut them at 1 1/2. I doubled the flowers and used pop dots so they would have a layered look.

I really like the way this card turned out, I think that it looks current but has a vintage feel to it. I really love the colors together!

8 comments:

  1. Great card! I love that you used vintage fabric to create your own patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet thank you card for your Aunt. I love the completed card. How cleaver of you to scan vintage fabric for the background. Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Fabulous choices of colors and love how you did the paper. So retro! Good luck in the contest and thanks for joining in! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little hula gal looks great on your card and the flowers added a nice touch. What a great idea to even research the colors from the 50s.
    Thanks for playing along with our challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card I like how you did the glitter on hula dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. I agree the colors are fabulous. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! The color palette IS perfect!! Adorable!! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you all are so nice! I loved making this card, I can't wait to make another vintage style card! The challenge was great!

    ReplyDelete