Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sweet Treat!

I am participating in another Fantabulous Cricut challenge!  Challenge #18 is to create a yummy treat and making a shape card is optional.  I had this idea to make a shape card that was accordion-style for a while so I decided to try it.  I used the doodlecharms cart and my gypsy and got to work! 
 

I used textured cardstock for the ice cream and plain cardstock for the cherry and the cone.  I used glossy accents on the cherries to make them shiny.  The picture doesn't do them justice at all! They really are so cute.  I added a little white layer of ice cream on the bottoms of the colored ice cream and on both white parts (top of ice cream and bottom) I added some diamond stickles.

Here are some close-ups:


For the cone I wanted to add some texture so I used my Sizzix Dots and Diamonds embossing folder. I apologize for the picture, it's really grainy and I'm not sure why that happened!


Here is a picture of the card closed:


I think I may add a cute little saying on the inside and send it to my Grandma from my Little Cupe! When we visit my Grandma she makes Little Cupe ice cream cones every single day! I love seeing the two of them spend time together, it's very special!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute card! Great idea of the accordian fold!

    Thanks for participating at FCCB!
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are great! I think I use way to much patterned paper. I love the simple look of these and the embossing just adds even more. Great job! Thanks for joining us at FCCB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embossing and glitter are terrific on these...love 'em!

    Thanks for playing at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely adorable!! The bit of shimmer, texture, and cherry on top are great details:) Thanks for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cones! I love that glitter and the embossing. I've not seen that folder before and it's perfect for the cones!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Great way to make an accordian card. I think your grandma will love it! Thanks for playing along at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete