Thursday, July 8, 2010

Little Bug

Fantabulous Cricut's challenge me Monday is to create something with a bug and using the color orange! I really love doing their challenges! I have to say that my projects are usually pretty simple and I am usually awed by the other submissions, but I have fun just coming up with something new!  For the challenge this week I used the Create-a-Critter cartridge and used the ladybug cut...so cute!


The leaf is from the Stretch your Imagination cartridge.  I used my Gypsy to weld two leaves together to make a card.  The dimension of them both is 9.30 wide by 6.29 height.  I used a textured cardstock that was green on one side and yellow on the other side.  For the bug I used dark red and orange.  I used some ink to give the card and bug a bit of a distressed look so it would look "naturey".

Here is a close-up of the bug:


I used pop-dots to adhere it to the leaf.  What do you think?  Is it too simple? 

10 comments:

  1. Totally cute! I love your shaped card and great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE!! I love shaped cards. Simple can be fantastic - and that's what this is. Great job!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shape card. ADORABLE! Thanks for joining us at fccb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that shape card?!! What a fantastic idea and a great response to our challenge at Fantabulous Cricut! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute...simple but very unique Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW....that is just adorable. Sometimes keeping it simple really pays off!!!!

    Thanks for playing at FCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card!

    Thanks for participating in the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge!
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome. i love the leaf, WTG!!!

    thanks for playing along at FCCB

    cutecardsandcraftsbyjamie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute!!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB! :)

    ReplyDelete