Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First day of school!

My niece (I know I have been talking about her a lot lately!) starts Kindergarten this week! Since I don't live near her I wanted to send her a card to wish her well on her first day and to just let her know I am thinking about her.  I was actually working on another project when the idea for this card came to me so I just whipped it together!  It's a simple, simple, simple card!


The card is cut at A2, 5 1/2" by 8 1/2".  It's 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" when folded. I just realized as I was typing that I make A LOT of cards that open up instead of sideways.  Anyway, the apple is cut at 4 1/4" using the Create-a-Critter cart which is such an awesome cartridge.  I used regular plain cardstock for the apple and the card.  The printed paper is just some school-themed paper that I had laying around and thought it would be perfect for this!


I didn't want to leave the inside of the card plain so I made a little apple for the inside.  The apple is cut at 2".  It is cut using the shadow button so there isn't a face on it.  Now all it needs is some well-wishes for my sweet niece and I will send it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment